Greenbrier Management Company is based in Newport News, Virginia. Founded in 1984 by corporate owners to manage their own properties, the company expanded to include third-party property management. In its 30 plus years of business, Greenbrier Management Company continues to successfully serve both residents and owners. We have the experience and dedication sought by property owners. We maintain above-market averages for our occupancy and lease rates. Our team consists of individuals with a drive for success. Our years of experience, excellent talent, and superior customer service make us a top performer in the property management industry.
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to serve as Leasing Consultant for a rapidly growing and dynamic property management organization. This position is responsible for leasing, marketing, and maintaining satisfied residents. This is an outstanding career opportunity for an energetic professional to be a part of a passionate team of A players, committed to achieving success.
- Rents apartment units to prospective residents.
- Answers phone and email inquiries from prospective residents while encouraging them to visit the community.
- Meets with prospective residents to determine the type of apartment to meet the prospect’s needs, while using innovative sales techniques to close lease sales.
- Develops and implements an effective marketing plan that achieves community goals.
- Develops and implements an effective marketing plan that achieves community goals. Conducts outreach marketing activity to ensure appropriate traffic levels are achieved and maintained.
- Shows apartments and the overall community to prospective residents ensuring amenities are highlighted.
- Meets with prospects to obtain all needed information to begin the application process. This includes entering all data in the computer system.
- Contacts prospect regarding the approval/disapproval decision. This includes assisting them in completing the lease application, while obtaining initial rent and deposit payments. Most importantly, schedules the move in date and any maintenance which must be completed in advance of the move in date.
- Prepares and maintains a file for each resident. This includes ensuring all information is correct and updated on a regular basis.
- Contacts residents with expiring leases to discuss renewals and encourages lease renewals.
- Takes resident calls for service or other needs while forwarding to the appropriate staff members. As appropriate, writes work orders for service, promotes good resident relations through courteous and timely response to resident needs and concerns.
- Answers outside phone calls and greets visitors.
- Prepares reports or compiles other data as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned which are in the best interests of the company.
- Previous restaurant, retail sales, or multifamily leasing experience required; previous multifamily leasing experience preferred.
- Bilingual - Spanish
- Experience with ResMan preferred
- Above average ability to communicate with clients and with co-workers both verbally and in writing
- Basic personal computer skills and ability to learn specialized software.
- Skill to convince prospective residents of the advantages of living at a community by sales closing methods.
- Ability to work a varied schedule, including weekends and some holidays as required.
- Ability to learn and comply with industry legal requirements, especially related to Federal and Local Fair Housing Laws.
- Ability to travel off-site for training courses and outside marketing
We are seeking highly motivated, career oriented, individuals who function well in a team environment. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, passionate and accountable for achieving results.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background investigation, credit check and drug screening.